Sabrina is also available to offer lectures and workshops. Coming from her love of teaching
and inspired by her own experience, they address what she considers to be common problems
encountered by guitarists which are rarely addressed in such a clear and structured format.
1. Developing your Own Technique: Following and breaking the rules
2. Career development: You can do it yourself!
3. Competitions: Do's and Don'ts
4. Performing: Stage fright and stage presence
5. Balkan Music: An introduction to the musical language and contemporary guitar repertoire
6. Alberto Ginastera's Sonata Op. 47: Harmony, structure, and the influence of traditional
1. The Colors of Music: How synesthesia can improve musical performance
Sabrina discusses through her own background of synesthesia, how colors can be used by anyone
to help with memory, structural/harmonic understanding, creativity, and interpretation.
2. Fingerings and Technique: Every problem has a solution
A good technique is not measured by speed, but by how well one uses their own abilities to
solve the problem at hand. By analyzing difficult passages we will discover individual solutions
and show that the possibilities are endless!
3. Balkan Music: Irregular rhythms
Irregular rhythms are at the heart of Balkan music but can be difficult for many players to feel
comfortable with. In this workshop we will work on exercises and short pieces as an
introduction to the style.
Feel free to contact us for more information on any of the above topics.